Top facts on fruit & vegetables
- You should aim to eat at LEAST 5 portions a day.
- Fruit and vegetables leverage proper cholesterol.
- Choose colour and variety.
Darker and brighter is better, dark green, yellow, orange and red.
- A handful of strawberries holds 100% of your recommended daily in take of vitamin C.
- Adding garlic to your dishes helps keep a healthy heart, lower cholesterol, ward off colds and zap bad bacteria.
- If you steam spinach it will keep more of its goodness.
Eating it raw in salads is even better.
- Tomatoes are one of your Super foods and rich in Vitamin C.
- Carrots are packed with nutrients & vitamins – potassium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium & silica – a lot of good stuff in one vegetable!
- Bananas are fantastic energy boosting snacks.